I Often Wonder About Myself...

Monday, November 28


~(~@--------------------------------oOo-----------------------------@~)~


…Something On The Radio…



Ok, let’s about Sex Ed for a minutes, shall we? I’m listening to the radio, and ya know how they are always giving little clips for the following morning shows? Well, they wanted to know if our children should be taught Sex Ed more in school or at home by the parents.

Here’s Mel’s theory…

If you let the school do the dirty work, the potential of it all going to hell in a hand bag could be catastrophic. Think about it for a second. Kids these days are having sex at earlier and earlier ages. When I was in high school, I remember 2 couples that got expelled for having sex AT SCHOOL during school hours. My 12 year old sister comes home from her second week of 6th grade and there had been 6 or so suspensions – expulsions for various reasons (including sexual B.S)

Now if we as parents allow the school system to fully educate our youth on sex, they are going to be more prone to “trying it all out” after class. However, if we as parents decide to educate them ourselves, then the ever so famous; “Ewww! Mom, that’s sick” attitude is more likely to emerge.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I see it as it going either way. If it’s done in school, then the kids could get shy about it all and back down. But that is just one batch of kids. At home I feel they would be more likely to want to keep it to themselves and fester on it for a while. Coming from parents can be an embarrassing yet enlightening thing. It all depends on your relationship with your child and trying to find the right time to try and have *the talk*. Personally I don’t think there ever is a *right time*, but that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I don’t know. I just think that the schools are taking over too much of *our parental roles*. Yet, at the same time, we as parents are becoming lazier on these issues and allowing the schools to take over. What to do, what to do?

~ Love * Love ~
~(~@ ~M~ @~)~


6:01 PM
0 Peoples Feelin' The Love

Leave Some Love / Read The Love

~(~@------------------------------oOo------------------------------@~)~